About Nick

I was raised in a small farming community in southern Utah. My parents own a farm that I began working on when I was about 10. I spent most of my summers working on the farm and enjoyed learning how to operate the farming equipment at a young age. I was also involved in 4-H throughout high school, and enjoyed the 4-H programs and activities. A highlight of my high school years was becoming a State 4-H Ambassador. This gave me opportunities to travel throughout the state to teach workshops, compete in different events, and meet new people. I am the third of four children. My older sister is married, and has four children. My older brother is also married and has four children. My little sister recently got married. Paige and I enjoy spending time with my family, especially our nieces and nephews. It has been fun watching them grow up and establish their very different personalities. After completing high school I served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Ontario, Canada. I enjoyed my time as a missionary, and particularly liked getting to meet people of different backgrounds, and learn about other cultures and religions. This helped to develop my interest in traveling, to continue to learn about new people and places. After serving a mission I continued my education to obtain a career in the medical field. My mom was the only nurse in town, and people would often come to her with medical needs. I enjoyed watching her interact with patients and help people in their time of need; this sparked my interest in the medical field. I graduated with a Bachelors degree in Advanced Radiological Sciences, with an emphasis in CT and MRI scans in 2005. My parents love having the grandchildren come over. They have modified their yard so it is a fun place for the kids. The grandchildren would rather play at "grandpa's park", than the city park. Our family enjoys getting together to celebrate important events in each other's lives, and just hanging out together. My family also enjoys hunting together. As a child I remember looking forward to the deer hunt each year. Deer Hunting was about the only time we would spend a few days off work just riding through the hills and relaxing.